“ Rebuilding Lives UK empowers survivors of domestic abuse on the road to recovery by helping them with emotional support, home maintenance, security and repair”
Rebuilding lives UK supports victims of domestic abuse by providing full or partial funding towards home maintenance and repair. We utilise a network of trusted traders who have undergone an enhanced DBS check and domestic abuse awareness training.
Many of the survivors that approach us have been left with poor living standards and financial difficulties. Our primary focus is on first making properties safe and secure, such as by fitting alarms, cameras and secure locking devices. We then focus on making the home an inviting and relaxing environment to support the individual’s journey to recovery. This can include small repairs such as painting, furnishings such as new carpets, and larger projects such as re-plastering, joinery, carpentry and brickwork.
We operate nationally within the United Kingdom and our service is available to all genders and identities from the age of 18 onwards. In the future, we hope to expand our network of trusted traders and partnering organisations and increase our funding so that we may support more survivors.
Within the next five years, we have plans to offer counselling and support therapies in partnership with local authorities and NHS Trusts. Furthermore, we plan to be able to offer victims safe houses to reside whilst their homes undergo maintenance, repair and security measures.
- We believe everyone deserves a secure, warm, relaxing and comfortable home environment
- We are passionate about the prevention of domestic abuse and other associated forms of abuses
- We are passionate about the recovery of domestic abuse survivors
- We believe that domestic abuse survivors can rebuild their lives through empowerment and positive change
- We care, we listen, we understand and we never judge
- We support equal opportunities
- We are inclusive and non-biased
- The majority of funds raised will go directly to supporting survivors
- We are clear and transparent regarding how our funds are used
- We do not pay our staff bonuses, they are motivated by our work and believe in the cause
- We don’t just fix immediate problems, we invest in long term solutions for survivors
- We are outcome-based, looking at each case individually