Please do not wait for an emergency situation to find the help you need.
If you are suffering domestic abuse it is important to tell somebody and to remember you are not alone. The help is there for you
Alternatively below are other ways to get support :
- Talk to a doctor, health visitor or midwife
- Women can call the Freephone National Domestic Abuse helpline run by Refuge on 0808 2000 247 for free at anytime, 24/7, day or night
- Men can call the Men’s Advice Line on 0808 8010 327 (Monday and Wednesday 9am to 8pm and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Men call also call ManKind on 0182 3334 244 (Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm)
- If you identify as LGBT+ you can call Galop on 0800 999 5428 for emotional and practical support
- Anyone can call Karma Nirvana on 0800 5999 247 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Anyone can call the Samaritans National Helpline 08457 90 90 904
- In an emergency call 999
- Police non emergency call 101
Always remember, you are not alone!